The EWGA Championship is now in its 20th year as the largest women’s amateur golf competition in the world and we want YOU to be a part of the fun and excitement. Members of all skill levels are encouraged to compete so give the Championship a try and put your game to the test!
STAGES OF THE EWGA CHAMPIONSHIP
1) The Chapter Championship, an 18-hole local qualifying round held at each Chapter location
2) The Semi-Final Championship, an 18-hole round held at 15 venues from June – August
3) The EWGA Championship Finals, a two-day, 36 hole event held on October 30-31, 2015
The EWGA Championship offers two different competitive formats: Stroke Play Competition and Inter-Chapter Team Scramble Competition. You select the competitive format that best ﬁts your game, personality and skill level.
STROKE PLAY COMPETITION
Stroke play competitors play in one of ﬁve ﬂights at the Chapter Championship qualifying event based upon their USGA Handicap Index.
2015 CHAPTER CHAMPIONSHIP
July 26, 2015
Eagle Crest - Ridge Golf Course
2015 Pacific Northwest
August 29, 2015
2015 CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS
October 30-31, 2015
The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
71333 Dinah Shore Drive
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
THE EWGA CHAMPIONSHIP IS THE
LARGEST ORGANIZED, WOMEN’S AMATEUR GOLF COMPETITION IN THE WORLD.
INTER-CHAPTER TEAM SCRAMBLE
Inter-Chapter scramble teams consist of four (4) women who meet the eligibility requirements to play in the EWGA Championship. The team “handicap factor” is established based on the USGA Handicap Index of all four players.
TO QUALIFY, EWGA MEMBERS MUST:
• Follow the registration guidelines distributed by your local Chapter
• Be a female, EWGA member in good standing
• Have a veriﬁable USGA Handicap Index and have an equivalent of two 18-hole scores posted to your handicap record in the current year
• Be a female amateur golfer as deﬁned by USGA Rules of Amateur Status and EWGA gender policy
An entry fee of $50.00 is required to participate in the EWGA Championship. The local Chapter establishes the total event fee to play in the 18-hole qualifying tournament.
The Low Gross and Low Net Champions in each ﬂight are eligible to advance. The ﬁrst place Inter-Chapter Team Scramble Competition winners are eligible to advance. Registration information for the Pacific Northwest Semi-Final Championship will be provided at the Chapter Championship to all competitors eligible to advance.
ENTER TO PLAY
All members MUST register online, follow these steps:
Step #1 – Register with EWGA AHQ:
Go to www.ewga.com and click on SIGN IN at the top of the homepage.
o Sign in to the Member Portal with email address & password.
o Click on Event Registration on the page’s left side navigation tab.
o Select “2015 EWGA Championship Entry” and follow promptsl
Courtesy Step #2 – CONNECT with your Chapter:
Communicate with YOUR Chapter Championship Director (CCD)Vicky Thomas by contacting her directly for all Chapter Championship event details at email@example.com
FAX: (888) 455-1899